Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Today...

This is the kind of day where I wake up at 5:53am, only to discover that my 5am alarm did not go off.

This is the kind of day where my quick-moving son is now operating as slow as molasses.

This is the kind of day where I pull the van out front to make load-up a little easier.
This is the kind of day where my 5 year old misunderstands my efforts and comes running out of the house screaming and crying, "Don't leave me!"
This is the kind of day where it takes him 10 minutes to calm down.
The kind of day where I have to repeatedly reassure him that I will not leave him unattended.
The kind of day where I don't have time for any of this because I woke up at 5:53am and discovered that my 5am alarm did not go off.

This is the kind of day where the potty-training princess pees on herself twice within a 45 minute period.
The kind of day where I want to flush the entire idea of potty-training right down the toilet, along with the highly intelligent 2 1/2 year old, who manages to say everything except when she has to use the bathroom.
The kind of day where the said toddler then manages to remain totally dry throughout her entire nap.
The kind of day where this pee-body brings me to tears, since I woke up at 5:53am and discovered that my 5am alarm did not go off.

This is the kind of day where the 18 month old has a bad fall and gets a bloody mouth.
The kind of day where I realize I have 3 diapers left for the newborn.
The kind of day where I completely forget about homeschool.
The kind of day where I tell that 4 year old to stop crying and move on with his life.
The kind of day where most of this happens before 10am.

This is the kind of day that sounds hypothetical, made up, or exaggerated.
This is the kind of day that seems so unreal.
This is the kind of day where I want to simply start over.
This is the kind of day that I call... Monday.

Then...
I realize it's Tuesday.

This is the kind of day where I conclude that the day doesn't have to be "good" to be Godly.

This is... TODAY!

This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
~Psalm 118:24

6 comments:

  1. Awwwww Kels. You need a virtual hug...Well...here you go. Wooooo Saaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo saaaa....this is the kind of day where I read this like poetry and not like pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roses are red
      Violets are blue
      Feel sorry for me
      Or I'll hit u with my shoe!!

      Yup... that kind of day!

      Delete
  3. Been there done that, but rejoice anyway. Hugs all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! I sooo understand your "pain". I'm going through it with you!!! It's rough at times, but God blesses us with the strength, patience, and a sound mind to handle it all!!! Girl, I feel you! :)

    Tiffany S.

    ReplyDelete